Frequently Asked Questions
- How can I give to the Library?
- How can I give books to the Library in memory of a loved one?
- May I request that my donation be used to purchase a particular book in the memory of a loved one?
- Can my club or organization donate to the Library?
- Is my donation tax-deductible?
- Are there other ways to celebrate or honor a loved one at the Library?
- Can I request any type of book be donated in honor of a loved one?
- Do I need to be a resident of Brownsburg, Hendricks County, or Indiana to donate to the Library?
- The Library accepts monetary donations of any size. You may mail or bring in your donation to the Library in person. Donations received by the Library are used to fund one or more of the following:
- The Lois Reitzel Campbell Fund for general monetary donations to the Library. This fund enables the Library to purchase items for the Local History and Genealogy Collection, for example.
- The Mildred Fay Newby and Harry Leo Newby Children's Book Fund. Donations to this fund enable the Library to purchase funds specifically for award-winning books for the Junior Department. This fund also enables the Library to purchase additional materials in children's books as necessary (at the librarian's discretion).
- The Library accepts book donations.
- We ask, however, that donations be clean and free from mold and pests. Books not selected for the collection are sold to the general public in The Library Shop. Proceeds are then donated to the Friends of the Library. Books that are deemed unsuitable for the Library will be recycled whenever possible.
- You may complete the Memorial Book Donation Form to request the material(s) of your choice. Once your donation and completed form are received by the Library, the book or materials will be purchased and a letter of acknowledgement will be mailed to you (the donor).
- The Library accepts donations from local clubs & community organizations.
- Donations to the Library are tax-deductible. You may request a receipt from Customer Service at the time of donation.
- Of course!
- We also accept donations for Birthday Books. Like our Memorial Books, you may select a specific title or area of interest for the Library's collection. The Library may also consider other occassions available for donation, such as Veteran's Day, Valentine's Day, (C)Hanukkah, Ramadan, & Christmas.
- You may request specific titles for donation, however, the Library will determine if the request fulfills the criteria established by the Selection Policy (See Operation Policy, page 5, Selection Policy and page 17, Donations and Gifts).
- The Library is happy to accept donations from anyone willing to give.